You have no items in your shopping cart.
Beet Soup with Beet Green Pesto
0 reviews >
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 fennel bulb, trimmed, cored and chopped, fronds reserved
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium beets, trimmed, peeled and diced, greens reserved
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Greens from 2 medium beets, large veins removed
- 1 tablespoon fennel fronds
- 1/4 cup roasted and unsalted shelled pistachios
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Add chicken stock and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20 minutes or until beets are tender.
Transfer to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, working in batches if necessary. Transfer blended soup back to the cocotte and return to medium heat. Finish with cream, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
To prepare pesto, in the food processor pulse beet greens, fennel fronds, pistachios, parsley and lemon juice until coarsley chopped. Drizzle in olive oil and blend until the desired consistency is reached. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide soup among serving bowls. Top with a dollop of pesto and serve warm.
Created for the Pumpkin Cocotte
Bring together the flavors and beauty of autumn by serving this sweet and earthy beet soup in our striking Pumpkin Cocotte. Top off this silky-smooth soup with pesto made from the beet greens.
Recipe provided by love & olive oil