Spiced Deep-Dish Chocolate Chip Cookies
Created for the Petite Pumpkin Cocotte
Baking a chocolate chip cookie deep-dish style produces a soft, gooey center and satisfyingly crispy edges. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for the ultimate comforting dessert. And since these are baked in our Mini Pumpkin Cocottes, you don’t even have to share.
Recipe provided by love & olive oilIngredients:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously butter 4 Mini Pumpkin Cocottes.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, espresso powder, salt, baking soda and spices until evenly incorporated. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, beat butter, sugar and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
Divide dough evenly among the cocottes and press it flat. Place on a baking sheet and bake 25 minutes or until center is set and edges are golden brown. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.