Shrimp Lollipops with Orange-Horseradish Glaze
Recipe provided by Robert Carter
Serve on the large serving platterIngredients
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined with tail off
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- 3 eggs
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup Old Bay seasoning
- 3 lemon slices
- 2 cups Bonne Maman Orange Marmalade
- 1/2 cup horseradish, squeezed of excess liquid
- 16 lollipop sticks or skewers
- 2 cups finely chopped flat leaf parsley
Chill shrimp, cream, panko, eggs and butter for 1 hour.
Place these ingredients in a food processor, add salt and pepper, and puree until finely minced. Roll mixture into 3/4-inch balls. Place on a foil-covered baking sheet and freeze 1 hour.
In a medium saucepan, bring water, Old Bay seasoning and lemon slices to a boil. Gently add shrimp balls, reduce to a simmer, and poach 3 to 5 minutes, or until done throughout and slightly springy to the touch. Remove from water and place on a paper towel-lined plate. Allow to cool slightly.
In a microwave-safe bowl, heat orange marmalade just until slightly warm. Stir in horseradish.
Insert skewers into each shrimp ball. Dip each one in jelly mixture and roll in chopped parsley. Serve immediately.