You have no items in your shopping cart.
Potato, Leek and Chickpea Soup
0 reviews >
- 5 – 6 leeks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 – 4 small potatoes, peeled and cubed (3 – 4 cups)
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Melt butter and olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot or Dutch oven. Add leeks and garlic, cooking for 10 minutes or until leeks are translucent. Add potatoes and chickpeas, cooking 2 – 3 minutes. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
Remove from heat and cool slightly. Puree with an immersion blender, or in batches with a regular blender. If you prefer a chunkier texture, only puree half the soup.
Stir in Parmesan, reserving some for garnish. Add salt and pepper to taste. Top individual portions with extra Parmesan and leeks, and a dash of olive oil.
Created for the 3 1/4 qt. soup pot
Serves 6 - 8