You have no items in your shopping cart.
Macaroni and Cheese with Garlic-Parsley Breadcrumbs
1 reviews >
- 1 (16-ounce) box medium pasta shells or elbow macaroni
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 quart whole milk
- 8 ounces sharp white cheddar, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups grated yellow cheddar
- 1/2 cup homemade breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
Boil pasta in generously salted water until al dente. Strain and reserve in the baking dish.
In a saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter over low heat. Add flour, stirring to combine until smooth. Pour in the milk and whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer.
Add the white cheddar, and whisk constantly until smooth and slightly thickened. Add the salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Pour the milk and cheese mixture over the pasta, and stir to coat evenly. Add two cups of the grated yellow cheddar and stir to combine. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of yellow cheddar over the top.
In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, garlic and parsley. Sprinkle over the pasta.
Cut the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter into 1/4-inch cubes and sprinkle over the breadcrumbs.
Place in the oven and bake 40 - 45 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to make and feeds a large group (leftovers)
- None used Le Creuset casserole dish easy cleanup
- for Potluck meals or family style dining
Comments about Le Creuset Macaroni and Cheese with Garlic-Parsley Breadcrumbs:
Added 1/2 cup smoked ham, 4 tablespoons of honey and mustard to the sauce.
- Was this a gift?:
Created for the Heritage 4 qt. Rectangular Casserole