The recipe for this New England favorite comes to us from Coastal Living
magazine. These yummy Lobster Rolls are prepared with a creamy blend of mayonnaise, fresh lemon juice, curry and a variety of fresh herbs - all served atop toasted brioche rolls. Serves 8.
Cook lobster in the 8 qt. stockpot.Ingredients:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked lobster meat, cut into bite-size pieces (about 4 [1 1/2-pound] lobsters)
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 (6-inch) brioche rolls, ciabatta rolls, or French baguette pieces
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Garnishes: fresh celery leaves, parsley leaves, tarragon leaves, and dill sprigs
Preheat broiler. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in celery, onion, and lobster meat. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Cut wedges out of center of bread. Spread with butter, and broil 1 minute or until toasted.
Divide lobster mixture among rolls; sprinkle with cayenne pepper. Garnish, if desired.