You have no items in your shopping cart.
Herbed Roast Beef with Oven-Browned Potatoes
0 reviews >
- 4 or 5 pounds eye of round roast
- 1 or 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives or green onions
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 18 small whole new potatoes (Yukon Gold or Bliss), scrubbed
- White wine or dry vermouth (optional)
Meanwhile, bring water to a boil in the 3 qt. saucepan and add the potatoes (salt the water a bit if you like). Cook until they are just barely cooked. Peel if desired, and set them aside.
About 30 minutes before the beef is cooked to your liking, brush the roast with the remaining paste, and then add the potatoes to the pan, turning them on all sides and cooking until golden brown. If there aren’t enough drippings in the pan to coat the potatoes, add a little water or white wine or vermouth.
Created for the 5 1/4 qt. roaster and 3 qt. stainless steel saucepan
The larger the roast, the more good leftovers you’ll have to use in sandwiches or even a beef salad. Precooking the potatoes insures that they will be done when the roast is cooked to your liking.