Grilled Jerk Pork Chops with Honey-Glazed Plantains
Created for the Heritage 2 1/2 qt. Square CasseroleIngredients
- 4 (8-ounce) bone-in pork chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 pounds ripe plantains, peeled and cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
Rub pork chops evenly with olive oil, dry seasonings and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let stand 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine plantains, butter, honey and remaining salt. Spread evenly in the bottom of a baking dish. Bake 20 minutes or until tender and brown, turning once.
While plantains bake, set grill to high heat. Once hot, place the pork on the grill and cook 4 minutes per side or until done.
Plate pork chops and serve with the honey-glazed plantains.