You have no items in your shopping cart.
Brioche Sausage Dressing with Mushrooms, Sherry and Herbs
0 reviews >
- 1 pound ground mild breakfast sausage
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 2 cups wild rice, cooked
- 12 cups brioche, large dice (about 3 loaves)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons sage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons thyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a Dutch oven, cook breakfast sausage over medium-high heat until browned. Remove the sausage and set aside. Leave the rendered fat in the pan.
Add the sweet onion, celery and garlic to the rendered fat, and cook until translucent and the aromatics have been released. Add the mushrooms and saute until slightly browned.
Add sherry to deglaze the pan, scraping any browned bits off the bottom.
Remove the Dutch oven from the heat. Add the rice and stir to combine.
Add stock, the reserved sausage, brioche and chopped herbs to the mixture, and combine thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Bake in the oven, covered, for 20 minutes. Remove the lid and bake for another 20 minutes, or until the brioche is golden brown.
Created for the 5 1/2 qt. round Dutch oven